I know I’m a few days late on the progress report, but it has been a crazy week!
I did not take youth camp into consideration when I made my goals. BIG mistake! I have been crazy with preparations, but I’m also starting to get excited about it. I love teaching, and I especially love teaching my 10-12 year olds about the Bible. Win-win. But lots of prep needed!
Prep aside, this is what I have accomplished so far:
I’ve done tons of planning, character charts, and plot mapping. I’ve also learned how to use yWriter (post to come).
I’m still way behind on my word count, but I have made peace with that, because I have gotten so much accomplished with my novel planning. Every week I say that I’ve finally landed on a plot I love, but this week I think I really finally landed on one. We’ll see next week.
So far, this is where I’m at.
My goals were:
1. Write 50,000 words in 25 days [Progress: I hit 25,000 words. I know I’m still short, but, as I said earlier, I’m okay with that. I’ve gotten a lot accomplished and I’m much farther than I was July 1, so I’m perfectly happy with where I’m at.]
2. Read 3+ books [Progress: Finished one (yeah!) and I’ll finish the other two very soon.]
3. Send my manuscript to at least 10 agents [Progress: Still putting this off. This week, it is getting done.]
4. Gain 15 more followers on this blog [Progress: I have 13 out of 15. Only 2 more to go!]
5. Clear out my 2nd bedroom and organize the kitchen in preparation for accommodating my new roommate [Progress: Completely cleared out the 2nd bedroom and the kitchen is almost ready. I’m heading to the apartment tomorrow to finish.]
I know that realistically I won’t be able to do much more, because I have to work and I also have to prepare to teach youth camp. I’m going to be a teacher, craft leader, and I will also be doing the devotions for my girls before bed, so I have a lot of preparing left to do. I’m okay with where I’m at, though, and that is the important thing.