‘Ello, writers! Let’s add a little personality to our characters today, shall we?
I’m doing something different this year. I’m giving you 1,000 character quirks, one post at a time. Each post will have a list of several quirks. I’ll keep posting until we hit our goal. Then, you’ll have a myriad of them to choose from.
I’m going to list 35 right here, right now.
- Uses redundant terms (ATM machine)
- Collects something
- Sweats profusely
- Has a tattoo/several tattoos
- Has sensitive teeth
- Chews hair
- Chews nails
- Will not use public restrooms
- Light sleeper
- Will talk to anyone/everyone he/she meets
- Has poor hygiene
- Talks in his/her sleep
- Lips move while reading
- Has very good/bad handwriting
- Double jointed
- Has an allergy (grass, pets, nuts, gluten)
- Whistles at random and refuses to stop
- Very flexible
- Eats everything on his/her plate in a certain order (clockwise, meat first, etc.)
- After eating out, he/she always tidies the table and stacks the dishes
- Great/horrible tipper
- Tech savvy or tech illiterate
- Habitually late/early
- Can only see out of one eye or hear out of one ear
- Writes with left hand, but does everything else with right hand
- Very inappropriate
- Mature for his/her age
- Never litters. Keeps all trash on his/her person.
- Is a slob
- Eats very quickly/very slowly
- Steals sugar or condiments from restaurants
- Makes himself/herself at home no matter where he/she is
- Great/terrible gift giver
If you have any to add, feel free!
Photo by: Veronika Pilátová