Since last Monday, I worked solid looking for jobs, writing, cleaning the apartment (it had developed quite a lot of dirt over the holidays), and working on my Auburn portfolio. From 9-9 Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, I was working. On Thursday, I worked from 9-2, then I drove home to see my parents.
We keep goats, and they had kids! So, I took a little time off to go take pictures. What was that? You want to see? Of course.
So, I spent Thursday with these little friends. Friday and Saturday, I woke up early to finish a few applications before my real pays-me-for-labor job. Sunday, I went to church and drove back up to Florence, bought my groceries, updated my computer, and then I watched some House MD.
Here’s what I did:
1. Re-outline DR. Haven’t touched this, because I feel like it’s something that I should just leave for a while longer.
2. Write two short stories. Plotted them. Need to write one this week and another next week.
3. Write four chapters of Cherno. I’m working on Chapter 1.
4. Land several freelancing gigs (make at least $50 per week). I’ve applied to 18 jobs so far, and I’m applying to more every day. I’ve heard back from 5. One was a no on my end (I was asked to spam sites I used to work for – um, NO). Three wanted samples, so I did those and I’m waiting to hear back. Another told me it was an experience-only position. Okay. Saturday, a local businessman contacted one of my friends about a website. My friend asked if I’d help, since I have experience with design, HTML, and content writing. I’m going to do it, and I know it is a paid gig. 🙂
5. Read something fun. I’m on the lookout for a new fun read. 🙂
Nail the GRE.
7. Finish Auburn portfolio. Working on this a little each week.
I also did a lot of blogging, organizing, cleaning, etc. So, that’s a lot of work for one little week. And I feel like I still have so much left to do, but I’m trying not to be neurotic. If I let myself, I would work from 5am to 12am and do it all again the next day. I’m a bit of a workaholic, which is great sometimes. But, not when I haven’t had rest in a whopping 10 days.
So, I’m only doing what HAS to be done today. Then, I’m going to play video games and melt my mind as best I can. Tomorrow, I’ll be working 9-5 and spending the evening reading and writing.
I hope I can take Thursday evening off and help build our new church, something I’ve wanted to help with since we started construction. Every week, though, something comes up. But, maybe not this week!